Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A Little Bit of Cabin Fever

So, Virginia has been having some arctic weather going on, sailing weather not being favorable.  This really makes me want to just pack up and move to the Caribbean, but not yet to be a live aboard at this point in my life. So in my spare time, I decided to brew a batch of Bourbon Barrel Stout.  I've brewed beer in the past as a hobby under the name "Scurvy Dog Brewery".  I'm excited for this batch to be done.  It'll also be nice to have some beer on the boat to give out to guest.  Here's some pictures I'm sharing, and although not sailing, it's always nice to have a brew on the open sea, or bay.

Fermentation is done, in the next couple of days, the bourbon barrel soaked chips will be added to the brew for flavoring.  Should be ready for bottling in March.




Grains for the brew, ready to be steeped

Boiling the wort, almost ready for fermentation
Grains steeping in the brew




Custom bottle caps, for scurvy dog brewery

No comments:

Post a Comment